A Journey through Breast Cancer

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hoop Dance Practice to a sweet version of "As" by Stevie Wonder



3 days post 2nd chemo infusion (6 weeks post double mastectomy) - Recorded this in my room after an extremely empowering day  that began at the YWCA Breast Cancer Resource Center, where I began planning a class that I will offer there with hoops and scarves, probably in January.  Also thought through a really fun dance party fundraiser that would be very easy to put together.  All of this happened in a place I worked in 2000 as a part time Enrichment Coordinator for the YWCA AFter School Program.  Reconnected with some old colleagues and met some new ones - the room that I'll use is one that I've organized events in before.  Nice stage, classy looking place with the great Terra Learning Kitchen right next door. Piece of cake dance party (with hoops and therapy dog available on the lawn within listening distance of music) coming soon!!   WHOO HOOO!!
 ,

No comments:

Post a Comment